well, here is the recipe that was promised, the spices are getting a lot closer to what I want, so I think its probably about time to start posting it. I might make some minor tweaks to the spices at some point, but the recipe won’t be changing significantly at this point.
1 ½ lb. cooked chicken
2 ½ c. chicken broth
1 ½ c. milk
3 medium carrot
3 stalk celery
1 large onion
½ c. Wendy Wark Flour Mix
¾ c. peas
2 tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. italian seasoning
4 pot pie crusts(equiv of two normal pie crusts)
6 Tbs. butter
1. preheat oven to 400° F
2. in a large skillet or medium pot, melt butter over medium heat
3. add carrots, onions and celery. cook for about 10 minutes, until onions are translucent.
4. add flour and cook for one more minute, stirring constantly.
5. stir in milk and chicken broth. decrease heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. stir often.
6. add chicken and spices
7. pour into four pot pie crusts and top with remaining crust.
8. bake at 400° F for 25 minutes