Not long ago, my wife hated mushrooms. This has since become her favorite food. Before I made this, I had started using some mushrooms in the things I cooked, and I had a feeling that she was going to really enjoy this, even if she didn’t believe me at the time.
6 medium portabella mushrooms
1 Tbs. butter
1 Tbs. chopped onions
½ c. colby jack cheese
3 slices bacon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Remove stems from mushrooms and scoop out the insides a little to make a nice cavity.
3. saute onion with the butter.
4. Cook bacon until crispy. Crumble bacon.
5. Mix cheese, bacon and the onion.
6. Fill the mushroom caps, and bake(400 degrees) for 15 minutes(or Broil 5-7 minutes).